1. I’ve been using ecostore baby products for a while now and they’ve been great for my daughter’s sensitive skin. I made the switch after noticing how dry her skin was when using Johnson & Johnson’s baby products, not to mention the rash on her forehead from using their No Tears shampoo. Never again!
2. In my quest to find the perfect nude lippy, I came across this post on Byrdie about what types of nudes suit whom. It confirmed what I knew about myself; my warm-toned skin needs a caramel/beige colour. The last nude I purchased had a pink undertone which I realised didn’t suit me at all. I’ve ended up going with Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Caramel and I love it.
3. A post on Cupcakes and Cashmere about the 5 Love Languages was really interesting. It makes sense that as people we differ in the ways we express love, and in turn the ways we feel loved. The post includes a link to the test where you can find out what your love language is. Mine happens to be Words of Affirmation; when I am verbally told that I have done a good job or I am loved, it means much more to me than say a gift or a hug. It would be worthwhile to have your partner or even your children take the test too, to see how it is they express and feel love within your relationship. The two of you could be very different!
4. A list of the 7 Books Oprah Couldn’t Live Without, all because they inspire her in her spiritual journey. I am currently reading The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer and it’s been a long time since I’ve found a book that has clicked with me so much. I’m about 7 chapters through and have been having an “ah ha!” moment in every one. It has been helping me to understand my very “busy mind”. I’m planning to write a bit about it when I finish.
5. I have just signed up to Bloglovin and it is such a great idea. It allows you to combine all the blogs you love into one place that is easily accessible. There are so many blogs that I enjoy but I’ve always found it a nuisance to go to all the separate websites, and often forget about some of them in the process. Here, you can combine them into one news feed. It’s a great site for us bloggers too who are looking to promote our content; you can ‘claim your blog’ and add a follow button to your site, allowing another way for people to subscribe to your posts. There’s a handy app too. Check it out!
Happy weekend all!